Author Topic: PUG Reporting Thread  (Read 212 times)

Dervishx5

• Administrator
  • League Member
    • View Profile
PUG Reporting Thread
« on: October 01, 2018, 04:05:12 pm »
Use this thread to report any pickup games:

Map:
BV:
Who Played:
Who brought what:
Thoughts:

Dervishx5

• Administrator
  • League Member
    • View Profile
Re: PUG Reporting Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 04:09:36 pm »
Map: 32x68 Morges Svereon Range
BV: 12K max per side
Who Played: Derv & Kveldulf
Who Brought what: Derv brought a Sun Spider C (2 ERLL, 4 UAC2), Mad Dog Prime, Mad Dog D, 2 Firemoth H, 2 Elemental BA (Micropulse). Kvel brought Direwolf Prime, Timber Wolf A, Ice Ferret D, Phantom D.
Thoughts: We used deadzone rules from Tactical Operations for our LOS. We both agreed it kinda sucks. The map I felt was okay though.

Kveldulf

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 10:40:40 pm »
Map: 32x68 Morges Svereon Range
BV: 12K max per side
Who Played: Derv & Kveldulf
Who Brought what: Derv brought a Sun Spider C (2 ERLL, 4 UAC2), Mad Dog Prime, Mad Dog D, 2 Firemoth H, 2 Elemental BA (Micropulse). Kvel brought Direwolf Prime, Timber Wolf A, Ice Ferret D, Phantom D.
Thoughts: As stated by other tester, LOS rules were wonky and probably shouldn't be used standard.  Otherwise, the map was interesting, if a maybe 10 hexs too long N/S (this is not a negative necessarily as a map giving too much room can be part of the challenge of the map).  In general there was a lot of variation in the terrain and ups and downs, solid jumper map and I suspect would have been slightly better for long range dueling without the LOS rules in place.

DeathStrike-LB

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 12:36:11 am »
Map: NBT/Desolate 35x35
BV: 8,000 max per side
Who Played: DeathStrike & Kveldulf
Who brought what: DeathStrike brought a Highlander (HGN-734), Thunderbolt (TDR-10SE), Cataphract (CTF-4L), and Lao-Hu (LHU-3C) / Kveldulf brought a Ryoken Prime, Fenris D, Phantom C, and 2 Sylph BA (upgrade)
Thoughts: NBT Map worked.  I used 4/5 pilots with larger IS mechs against 3/4 pilots of Clan mechs.  Should this be a standard server setting or should we assign pilot skills? 

Kveldulf

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 12:39:40 am »
Map: NBT/Desolate 35x35
BV: 8,000 max per side
Who Played: DeathStrike & Kveldulf
Who brought what: DeathStrike brought a Highlander (HGN-734), Thunderbolt (TDR-10SE), Cataphract (CTF-4L), and Lao-Hu (LHU-3C) / Kveldulf brought a Ryoken Prime, Fenris D, Phantom C, and 2 Sylph BA (upgrade)
Thoughts: Map was decent sized and pretty much empty.  This played to the favor of the fast guys to run for nice big modifiers.  I understand that this is likely what this map was intended for, but my one thought would be to maybe increase some of the heights so that there is at least some LOS blocking terrain.

DeathStrike-LB

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 11:08:39 pm »
Match Completed

Map: Dervs MapPack / 40x40 Kalitz Spaceport

BV: 11,000BV

Who Played: DeathStrike-LB vs Crane Baxa

Who brought what:
DeathStrike-LB with 10.8K BV
LNX-9Q Lynx
Locust IIC 3
Black Hawk (Nova) B
Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime
Ryoken (Stormcrow) D
Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D
Ostroc OSR-2L
Eagle EGL-2M

Crane Baxa 10.6K BV
4 - Blitzkrieg BTZ-3F
2 - Catapult CPLT-K5
Thug THG-12K
Titan TI-1Aj

Thoughts:
We should probably define the piloting/gunnery skills in a table for the Alpha (this already has a thread so just mentioning it for reference) and then figure out how to "rank up" named pilots.  I’m guessing #of logged wins/mech or vehicle kills/ etc.  Also I lost a pilot to no ejection, so would that eliminate said pilot from my roster?  I’d have to create a new one.  For RP purposes this would be interesting as a challenge.  It would also force you to consider ejecting if your mechs crippled, like my Locust IIC 3 pilot, instead of just trying to nibble ankles so to speak and losing the pilot. 

Also the glancing blow vs direct hit seems like it could be depressing on certain shots.  I was just saved from a full UAC20 hit, but that's gotta suck on the other end.  The direct hit also gives a varying boost that could be disheartening the other way.  I think we can all agree the dice gods are cruel enough...but I’m open to being persuaded.

As for loading units from the FM Updates 3067 RAT, is this something we can load into the automation or interface with the automation that would allow you to build forces in the automation and send it to the server for each battle?  I’m guessing the type of mechs you actually own will be determined in the automation and have to be translated to the server running megamek?

I also probably need to find a tutorial on how to use the RAT.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 07:37:05 pm by DeathStrike-LB »

DeathStrike-LB

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 07:36:27 pm »
Match completed

Map: NBT-Oilspill

BV: 6,000

Who Played: DeathStrike-LB and ArmouredHeart

Who brought what:
DeathStrike-LB
Firestarter FS9-OF
Hollander II BZK-F5
BlackJack BJ2-OA
Griffin GRF-6S

ArmouredHeart
Crab CRB-27
Jager JMS-DD
Masakari Prime
Vulcan VT-5M

Thoughts: The only thought I have currently is that Masakari Primes are scary.  retreated the BlackJack after the other three got popped.  Figured we should play like it's league play and you have to choose whether to go for a kill or retreat.  I ran...ERPPC's chasing me
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 11:49:29 pm by DeathStrike-LB »

DeathStrike-LB

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 10:21:00 pm »
(In Progress - Saved on Griffin)

Map:NBT-Four Corners

BV: 6,000BV

Who Played: DeathStrike-LB and ArmouredHeart

Who brought what:
DeathStrike-LB
Lynx LNX-9Q
Black Hawk Prime
Venom SDR-9K
Dasher B

ArmouredHeart
Thor Prime
Champion CHP-1N2
Black Knight BL-6-KNT
Firestarter FS9-OE

Thoughts: 6,000 BV may be too high of a starting point for league battles.  We won't ever be using light mech lances if you look at the mechs' we are able to use at 6K BV.  The only way I could use only lights is pairing high BV omni-mech lights with some others.  If we used vehicles too (for the last two matches we just used mechs), then I could probably run a lance of vehicles, a lance of mid range lights, and maybe a pair of VTOL's.  Since we are doing combined arms in the league, I guess that would make more sense.  But I can see us dropping to 4,000BV for recon or other low end of the range battles and it still working.  4 light mechs under 1,000 bv and a couple support vehicles/scout vehicles.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 11:50:05 pm by DeathStrike-LB »

DeathStrike-LB

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 11:49:14 pm »
(Completed)

Map:NBT-Auxiliary Spaceport

BV: 6,000BV

Who Played: DeathStrike-LB and CraneBaxa

Who brought what:
DeathStrike-LB as Northwind Highlanders
Arctic Wolf A
Puma B
Koshi D
Black Lanner B

CraneBaxa as a Pirate Unit
Annihilator ANH-1E
Battle Cobra BTL-C-20B (x2)
Sun Spider D
Flea 'Fire Ant' (x4)
Kestrel VTOL

Thoughts: the difference in piloting and gunnery skill gave me a distinct advantage in my mind.  However that was without the Ani being able to get into the fight as well so I guess that would have changed the outcome drastically from what it was.  I still believe 6Kbv is just a tad too high but next match I’ll test some 4K BV lances with my opponent.  I Got thru each of these 6k BV matches in under 2 hours so far.  But that’s with distractions on my end and I feel we could get it done faster if focused.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 04:44:34 am by DeathStrike-LB »

DeathStrike-LB

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 06:11:05 am »
Completed - about 2 hours

Map: 35x35 -

BV: 6,000 BV

Who Played: DeathStrike-LB and acook10

Who Brought What:
DeathStrike-LB
Centurion CN9-D
Dervish DV-8D
Hollander BZK-F5
Battle Hawk BH-K305
Vedette (NETC UAC)
AC2 (LBX)

acook10
Berserker BRZ-A3
Firestarter FS9-S
Axman AXM-3S
Cobra CBR-02

Thoughts:
Lost two pilots.  One to a kick (stomp really) towards the end and one at the beginning with a large pulse to the face.  I see why we shouldn’t get attached.  I retreated the vedette after the UAC5 went bust and the AC2 got kicked into oblivion.  The crew may have died actually.  The match ended after 2 hours (minus a few interruptions on my end) when my Hollander with one leg had the upper hand on a leg less enemy.

Glancing Blow and Direct Blow both had a direct influence on the games progress and eventual outcome.

The map provided for a fun chance at ambushing for both of us.  I forgot the name but I’ll add it later.

I still want to try a 5Kbv match but 4K is probably too low.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:18:15 pm by DeathStrike-LB »

acook10

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 08:11:44 pm »
Completed - about 2 hours

Map: 35x35 -

BV: 6,000 BV

Who Played: DeathStrike-LB and acook10

Who Brought What:
DeathStrike-LB
Centurion CN9-D
Dervish DV-8D
Hollander BZK-F5
Battle Hawk BH-K305
Vedette (NETC UAC)
AC2 (LBX)

acook10
Berserker BRZ-A3
Firestarter
Axman AXM-3S
Cobra CBR-02

Thoughts:
Lost two pilots.  One to a kick (stomp really) towards the end and one at the beginning with a large pulse to the face.  I see why we shouldn’t get attached.  I retreated the vedette after the UAC5 went bust and the AC2 got kicked into oblivion.  The crew may have died actually.  The match ended after 2 hours (minus a few interruptions on my end) when my Hollander with one leg had the upper hand on a leg less enemy.

Glancing Blow and Direct Blow both had a direct influence on the games progress and eventual outcome.

The map provided for a fun chance at ambushing for both of us.  I forgot the name but I’ll add it later.

I still want to try a 5Kbv match but 4K is probably too low.

To put in my own 2 cents:
Mechs
Firestarter was a -S variant (which I really need to stop using). Hatchets are great, the Berserker killed the AC/2 carrier and the Dervish with one, so I'll probably end up testing out the Berserker variant with TSM at some point. Still need to get a couple more games with the Axman -3S to see if I like it better than the -1N, because mine fell on it's LB-20X and broke it. Bad luck with the Cobra's to-hit rolls early on soured me a little on it, although the end when it kicked in the cockpit of the Centurion made up for it. And yeah, I agree that the 6K BV/Lance gives little reason to use light 'Mechs, although since I was playing Steiner I didn't mind too much  :P

Map
Fields of Isis was fun, and the mountains allowed for little ambushes and LoS games, without needing to deal with to-hit penalties or excessive piloting checks that forests or pavement would add (not that those are bad, necessarily, but sometimes you just want simplicity). We started on the wrong sides though, admittedly, and as it turns out SupCom 2 lied to me because you can't jump over the mountains here with jump jets.

Rules
Fuck Glancing Blow. Direct Blow is also bad, but not quite as much because IIRC the damage increase from Direct Blow is less than the damage decrease from Glancing Blow.

DeathStrike-LB

• League Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 08:17:10 pm »
Completed

Map: 35x35 Fields of Isis

BV: 10,000 BV

Who Played: DeathStrike-LB vs LightingJC

Who brought what:
DeathStrike-LB
Crab CRB-27
Bushwhacker BSW-S2
Apollo APL-1M
Axman AXM-3S
Hankyu Prime
Hornet HNT-171
Puma B
Wolfhound WLF-2
Gray Death Standard (SRM1/Auto-Rifle)
Gray Death Scout (David Light Gauss)

LightningJC
Ajax Assault Tank B
Partisan Air Defense Tank (Company Command)
Manticore Heavy Tank (C3M)
Tokugawa Heavy Tank (C3)
AC/2 Carrier (LB-X)
Typhoon Urban Assault Vehicle (LB-X)
2 x Minion Advanced Tactical Vehicle (Standard)
IS Standard Battle Armor (SRM)

Thoughts:  I like this map for ambushes and close combat...but I'd learned from the previous fight and used the flanking maneuver myself this time.  The ECM came in handy against the C3.  on another map, with more open space and some obstacle hex tiles to slow down my lights...I would have taken much more damage.  As it was my Light lance was down the Hornet, two were held together by duct tape by the end of the fight and the Wolfy was in medium verging on heavy damage.  This is a map that is going to favor mechs especially with the grade changes.  Also for anyone playing this map in the future, you cannot jump over the level 4 impassable terrain that divides the map up.